HHSC proudly support the RNLI through sponsored events
The hall is a grade II listed building, set in 180 acres of parkland. During the spring and summer months the hall is open to the public. Originally the hall was a moated manor house, but the present hall was begun in 1740 for the 6th Lord Ward. This work included the relocation of the village of Himley including the church. When the 6th Lord died his son bought in Lancelot ( Capability ) Brown to redesign the park, starting in 1774. It was Brown who created the lake upon which the club now sails.
In 1823 John William Ward became the 4th Viscount Dudley, he was a skilled politician who having reached the position of Foreign Secretary was created 1st Earl of Dudley. He however died without an heir and so this title became extinct until 1860 when the 11th Lord Ward was given the title.
A new view of the Hall.
By 1920 the hall was in the control of Viscount Ednam son of the 2nd Earl. Viscount Ednam, married to an heiress named Rosemary Leveson-Gower, was a close friend of the royal family, in particular the Prince Of Wales, and the prince became a regular visitor to Himley, and The Duke and Duchess of Windsor spent part of their honeymoon at the hall.
After the Second World War the hall was sold to the National Coal Board as a regional headquarters, and it was during their ownership that sailing first started on the Great Pool.